The Legend is for those seeking a top-level race bike who crave speed, but who don’t want to sacrifice ride quality to get it; it’s perfect for stage racers, climbers, and riders who include winning in their idea of a good ride — whether it be a PR at the top of the climb or the final throw at the line of the National Road Championships.
What makes a Legend? The lightest frame ever produced by Kestrel at a mere 780 grams and one of the lightest carbon road bikes on the market. It’s designed to be stiff and efficient, yet not an ironing board — compliance in just the right places to produce an agile, aggressive, while still comfortable ride.
- Legend LTD and SL are constructed of 800K high-modulus carbon fiber: Kestrel’s lightest carbon construction used only on LTD and SL (Super Light) models. Kestrel’s 800K carbon uses inner polyurethane molds in high-stress areas such as the BB shell and head tube to minimize wrinkles in the carbon layers for greater compaction and stiffness to ensure the lightest and strongest frame possible.
- Standard Legend frames are constructed of Kestrel’s Enhanced Modulus Hybrid (EMH) carbon, a combination of 800K and 700K carbon fibers – which offers comparable performance yet at a more affordable price point.
- New Legend LTD builds off the 780g SL frame and pairs its with carefully selected components from brands like SRAM, Reynolds, Tune, and Prologo for the lightest production Kestrel ever made at just 11 lbs!
- Fork uses an EPS foam mold to smooth and compact the carbon fibers – similar to the 800K carbon – to reduce weight yet increase rigidity, particularly in the fork crown.
- Geometry is aggressive, with a low head tube for a more aerodynamic position; and the tapered 1 1/8 – 1 ½ head tube enhances lateral stiffness for excellent steering precision.
- BB30 bottom bracket maximizes frame stiffness at the crank.
- Proprietary Kestrel H-Stays – the uniquely, asymmetrically shaped seat stays and chainstays – are designed to improve lateral stiffness and thus power transfer, while also supplying vibration dampening.
- Each of the seven sizes has unique tube lengths, diameters, shapes, and carbon layups to produce the best possible ride quality for every size rider.